Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Give me an example of how something was taken the wrong way and made into movement.

Did you know that the title of Nirvana's song "smells like teen spirit" came about through one Mr Kurt Cobain's scent. It is not his actual scent, but indeed, so i hear, was the smell that rubbed off on him one late night whilst intercoursing with a lady friend. She was wearing a brand of deodorant called "teen spirit." When he was sniffed at in the morning, his apothecary uttered "smells like teen spirit."

In the summer, on sunday mornings, I deal with the lawn and trim the hedges, then take the dog for a walk. I will now expect to have an epiphany much like Mr Cobain were someone to utter "smells like fresh growth" or "aroma of a fresh morning."

Much as is the way of life however, I am not a junkee Bipolar guitar player. The reality will kick in when I waver past people on one of these sunday mornings. I will stroll by waftingly and will be stared at from the other side of the road when a group of youths state "That dude stinks of grass."


Mr Lear.

No comments:

Post a Comment